Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 1 of a new me

Well it's time to make a change - I don't like the person I've become. I used to be one of the "hot" girls, I wanted to be a yummy mummy but now I just feel frumpy, fat and unattractive. I used to think nothing of going clubbing in a bikini top, mini skirt and boots, now I squeeze myself into size 12 pants because I can't bear to buy anything larger. Or wear my partner's t-shirts and trackies cos they're more comfy.

So my weightloss journey starts here.

I can't believe I have managed to eat myself to 84kg! Only 4 and a bit years ago I was 64kg. One baby boy later (who will be 2 in a week so no excuses there) and 20kg. Wow, that discusts me just to write it.

Of course my friends say "no, you're gorgeous, you can't be that much!" or "you're tall, you honestly don't look fat" but I know I'm not the girl I used to be, and I'm not getting any younger and I better do something about it now before it creeps up to 90, 95 or worse! I used to be so critical of my body back then and it was actually mint - I wish now I'd taken better care of it - I'd kill to have that body back now.

So what do I plan to change? Well, I have a gym membership for a start. Better get some use out of it. Les Mills here I come! Lunchtime - gotta bring lunch from home. I sit on my bum all day at work, and within walking distance of my office is Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut, KFC, a roast place, cafe, bakery, kebab shop and a chinese takeaway. The temptation is endless! Sugar - I'm a sugar junkie - love my fizzy, lollies, ice cream. I just love food! So I think cutting out sugar in tea and coffee is a good start too. Water - gotta up that intake!

Well, it's lunchtime on day one. So I guess it's off to Pak n Save for me, for my bottle of water and something healthy to eat. And I got my gym gear out this morning to go tonight too. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time...

No comments: